Analytical Essay Writing Is Not a Problem Anymore!
An analytical essay is one of the most common academic tasks assigned to students in high schools and colleges. Unfortunately, not all students can handle this task successfully as it requires an in-depth investigation of the specific problem and its main components. Writing such a paper requires much work at the preparation, writing, and editing stages. You may wonder “What is an analytical essay about?” Well, it can be written on any topic. For instance, one may need to analyze a social problem, scientific discovery, literary work, or anything else. When dealing with this task, one should suggest strong arguments, provide accurate evidence, include valid facts, and apply a fresh and interesting approach. Proper planning is one of the most important requirements for writing a winning paper. Our guide aims to help you figure out how to write and structure your essay in such a way as to bring you the anticipated outcome. In our article, we are going to share the most efficient and working tips that will help you produce a first-class essay that will impress the most demanding educator.
Main Functions of an Analytical Essay
Typically, analytical essays serve two purposes. Teachers usually assign analytical papers to help students foster their analytical thinking skills and cognitive abilities. What is more, by developing analytical essay ideas, students should demonstrate their comprehension of specific topics.
Analytical essays also greatly benefit the readers. Various magazines and newspapers publish analytical essays on a regular basis to help their readers keep track of the events happening in present-day society. With the help of such papers, the authors have an opportunity to educate their fellow citizens on the important matters related to political life, economics, society, sports, culture, and many other areas.
Definition of Analytical Essay
So, what is an analytical essay? According to a common definition, an analytical essay is a piece of writing that has a clear focus on a specific concept or idea. The primary goal of such an essay is to examine and analyze the discussed subject from different perspectives making it convincing enough by using different means. One should keep in mind that such an essay should not just summarize the subject but it should analyze, interpret, and evaluate it. In academic life, such essays are often assigned to evaluate the students’ skills of critical analysis. Therefore, students may be asked to interpret various literary works following the common rules established in analytical essay writing. At the same time, instructors may ask students to analyze a certain idea.
When working on such a specific assignment, one should build a strong argument, which will demonstrate his or her position regarding the subject being discussed. Since this task requires analyzing someone else’s work, it provides some room for expressing a personal opinion about the subject. When analyzing a literary piece, you may agree or disagree with the writer’s messages and provide your own ideas regarding the subject matter. It is important to stay objective and neutral when writing an analytical paper. Thus, it is necessary to investigate both the strong and weak points of the literary work. Such an important feature makes an analytical essay different from other types of academic writing.
Writing an Analytical Essay: How to Get Started?
To create a good-looking essay, one should have a plan that will include all insights and arguments that will be developed in an essay. A professional analytical essay writer never starts working on a paper without having a plan as the writing process will be longer and more complicated without it.
Before you start working on your analytical paper, make sure to create an outline. Below, you will find the steps that will help you move in the right direction when writing your analytical essay. Let’s discuss these steps in detail:
1. Choose an appropriate piece of work. An analytical essay can be written on any work including a book, an article, a poem, etc. If your professor has allowed you to choose a piece for analysis, you need to pick up the one you are passionate about. By choosing a too complicated or boring piece, you will struggle with completing your analysis reducing your chances to receive a satisfactory outcome. However, if you choose a piece that fits your interests, most probably, you will enjoy the writing process and receive a good grade for your work. When selecting a literary work for analysis, you need to keep in mind the nature of the task;
2. Read the work and understand it. Once you have chosen the work for analysis, you will need to read it thoroughly. Make sure to understand all the important messages conveyed by the writer and highlight the most important points. Also, you need to make notes that will help you come up with the detailed outline later;
3. Focus on the literary devices used. While reading the original manuscript, you will need to pay attention to literary devices used by the author. Also, you will need to determine their effectiveness to make your arguments look solid and impactful. The devices most frequently used by the authors are:
By identifying the devices used by the author and emphasizing their significance, you will convince your reader that you know the subject well.
4. Choose a topic for your essay. Now, when you have studied the original source and collected all the important information, you need to select an appropriate topic for an analytical essay. To make your text look engaging and interesting to your reader, you need to work with a strong topic. We highly recommend that you make sure your topic reflects the text and grabs the reader’s attention.
5. Develop a thesis. A thesis statement is the core argument of your written work. It should explicitly present your position to the reader. The whole essay will back up your thesis, thus you need to make it look effective and informative;
6. Make thorough research. To bring you a satisfactory outcome, your analytical essay should be insightful and informative. Therefore, you need to work with external sources as well. You need to carry out in-depth research studying the credible works that are relevant to your theme. Please, note that all sources used in your work should appear on your bibliography page;
7. Organize the data found. As soon as your data is collected, you will need to organize it in an outline. In an outline, you will need to divide the information into sections and include the topic sentences related to your thesis statement.
How to Write an Analytical Essay Outline?
An outline is a concise document that that covers all the stages of your preparation for writing. Before you start working on an outline, you will need to do some brainstorming. This process will make you think about the ideas, arguments, and insights you want to develop in your essay. An outline will become a result of your brainstorming. To make sure your outline is neatly structured, you can benefit from a graphic organizer. It will help you to arrange the bullet points properly. Have a look at a common analytical essay format you need to follow:
- Create an informative and engaging introduction. Do not forget to include a hook that will grab your readers’ attention;
- Write your assertions about the topic in a clear thesis statement. A strong thesis is always original and debatable;
- Produce three main body paragraphs. Each one should support your central/thesis statement. Each of the main body paragraphs should include a topic sentence, accurate evidence, and a concluding statement;
- Provide a conclusion that will restate your thesis statement and summarize the main points discussed in your essay.
Now, you have a good plan for writing your paper. The writing process will be even more effective if you know what to write.
Writing an Introductory Part
An introduction is the first part seen by your reader. It should motivate him or her to read the whole essay. Thus, this part should be maximally clear and engaging. A good introduction should include the following information:
- A hook statement;
- Sufficient background information;
- Your thesis statement.
We strongly recommend that you begin your introductory paragraph with a catchy hook. The main goal of this statement is to grab the reader’s attention. It can be a quote from the literary work being analyzed, a question, a shocking fact, etc.
Once you have provided a hook statement, you need to include background information. It should introduce the topic and purpose of your work. Pay attention that the introductory part should not include too many details as you need to present them in the main body.
At the end of your introduction, you need to provide a thesis statement that will help your readers understand your position towards the subject being analyzed.
9.3 / 10
Writing the Main Body
The introductory part is always followed by the main body in which you provide as many details related to your topic as possible. Each of the main body paragraphs should include the following parts:
- A topic sentence;
Each of the main body paragraphs should have a clear-cut topic sentence. This statement should be the first sentence of the paragraph. This sentence is closely related to the main argument of your essay and helps the target audience understand what is the whole paragraph about.
After the topic sentence, you need to provide your in-depth analysis of the point. You can back up your analysis by quoting the original source or external sources. When quoting any materials, you need to follow the citation style requested by your tutor.
To make your writing sound smooth and logical, you need to use appropriate transition words. These words will ensure an easy understanding of your paper as they will build a logical connection between your ideas.
Writing a Conclusion
Finally, your essay should include a conclusion. Pay attention that your analytical essay conclusion cannot appear separately as it is a logical outcome of your analysis. In this part, you don’t need to include new arguments and evidence as its primary goal is to summarize the discussion. This section should present the following information:
- A paraphrased thesis;
- A summary of the main points discussed;
- Concluding statements.
In your concluding part, you need to restate the thesis statement to remind your target audience about the major argument of your essay. Then, you need to summarize the main points without introducing new details. Finally, you need to provide concluding statements that will wrap up your analysis.
Editing and Proofreading
As soon as your paper is completed, you will need to edit and proofread it. Make sure to proofread the text at least twice to make sure your content is free from mistakes. To bring you a good grade, your essay should be original, plagiarism-free, and grammatically correct. We strongly recommend you not to submit your essay without its thorough editing. Here, you can make use of online writing services. Today, reputable companies offer students proofreading and editing services provided by experienced writers and editors. Only if you are confident that your essay is free from grammatical, spelling, and punctuation flaws, you can submit it.
To Sum Up
An analytical essay is not the easiest task that will be assigned to you in high school or college. At the same time, you can cope with this task successfully if you follow the suggestions collected in our guide. To write a great essay, you need to keep it focused, clear, and thesis-driven. Also, it is very important to make your essay well-structured. Otherwise, it will be shallow and disorganized. Finally, a good essay never includes any logical inconsistencies and grammatical flaws. Although writing such an essay can be quite challenging, the writing skills obtained through this experience will help you deal with other academic assignments. If you believe that you won’t cope with writing an analytical essay successfully, you should get in touch with our reputed writing service and one of our writers will provide you with a marvelous piece.
Our Seasoned Professionals Will Help You Submit a Winning Essay!
Many factors influence the quality of an analytical essay. These factors are content, format, structure, grammar, uniqueness, and many others. For many students, it is impossible to keep all these factors in mind. If you, like many other students, are tired of struggling with analytical essay writing, we strongly recommend you delegate your task to our writing team. With our help, you will forget about such unpleasant issues as plagiarism, missed deadlines, communication problems, and poor writing mechanics. In our work, we maintain the highest standards of quality, which allows us to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers.
Let us tell you more about our writing company. We are a trusted writing service where all students can purchase top-notch academic writing assistance at an affordable cost. No matter how challenging or urgent your assignment is, we will handle it as we have a lot of skilled, talented, and responsible experts in our team. Our English-speaking writers are aware of all the common standards and conventions established in academic writing and can create engaging papers on different topics. If time constrain is one of your major concerns, then it is a great idea to buy essays from our writing service because our experts can work with the most limited deadlines. Even if your paper is due in a few hours, you will receive it on time. One more guarantee that attracts our customers is our policy regarding plagiarism. We are aware of all the negative consequences of plagiarism for student reputation. As such, we can guarantee that all the papers produced by our experts are 100% authentic.
Ordering an essay from us you can be sure that your personal information is safe. We never disclose such sensitive data. Quite the opposite, we want you to become our happy return customer.
By choosing our company as your writing companion, you will forget about stress, anxiety, and other problems. From the moment you place an order on our user-friendly website until you submit it, you can expect support and care from our team because we want to make your academic life fruitful and enjoyable. Buy an analytical essay today at BestWritingService.com and make your success closer!
Custom essay writing service bestwritingservice.com
Satisfaction guaranteeOrder now