Free Best Evidence Rule Essay Sample
Buy Cheap Best Evidence Rule Essay
1. The Best Evidence Rule
- The rule as best defined
- It ensures justice because the original evidence is used
2. Implementation of the Best Evidence Rule into the U.S. system
- Unearthed hidden evidence for crucial cases
- Helped in wise judging
3. The Rationale behind the Best Evidence Rule application
- Fraud deterrence
- Original documents are less vulnerable to fraud
- Minimizing Misinterpretation of Writings
- Reduces any possibilities of a false impression of the original documents
4. Reviewed cases with regard to wiretapping
- Olmstead Vs. United States
-Federal agents secretly installed wiretaps in Olmstead’s office building and in the streets near his home base.
- Nardone Vs. United States
-It was hard realize which data was used for investigation because large information was randomly recorded for security alerts
- Goldman Vs. United States
It determined that the use of a detectaphone does not violate the Federal laws.
- Berger Vs. New York
-Mr. Berger is convicted with two counts of a plot to bribe
- Katz Vs. United States
-Katz sought the services of a public phone booth to transfer unauthorized betting wagers from Los Angeles other states.
5. Summary of wiretapping restrictions according to the reviewed cases
-Both cases have varied views on the legitimacy to employ the services of wiretapping in a court of law
6. Packaging and Preserving Wiretapped Evidence
-It should be stored large or heavy equipments
7. Relation between Wiretapped Evidence and the “fruit of the poisonous tree” doctrine
-They both rely on the original documents in making court judgments.