Free An Analysis of Development Training Essay Sample
Human Resource Management
1.0 Introduction on Training
Training transforms the information into knowledge on the part of employers as well as employees, and thereby making both the players to equip themselves thoroughly to cash on that knowledge and information as practice/experience thereby enhancing the effectiveness of the organisation and its productivity apart from elevating the quality of people who are managing the business.
2.0 Forming a Role in Training
Due to various reasons, it is considered as important when a national role is in the making in training for enabling an organisation by means of contribution towards creating a human-rich capital to serve worth fully the needs of the business. It also makes better opportunities for employers to make investment more for training and on the development of employees and this is one of a major key factors bestowing competitiveness on the part of the employers. Training improves the industrial relations. The investment spent on training will create a significant source of income. The knowledge gained through training enhances the quality of supplementary services extended by the organisation. Some well-conditioned human relations coming in the wake of training will lead to a high level of the enterprise performance in tandem with the corporate objectives as well as management policies, apart from improving the whole picture and equipping the employers to deposit more with a sense of professionalism.
3.0 Role of Training
The responsibility of an organised training accorded by an organisation has to be considered from various angles, and internally viewed as training and development of its own employees concerned. For conducting an effective business organisation, training is important for all its members to get some training services covering the influence of the legal and policy environment, which are essential for growing and developing the business, apart from extending nonstop services to members. Hence, it is important to provide the staff to be trained in the following areas within the framework of services and competencies of the organisation:
- Information research and analysis for carrying out policy environment, successful undertaking wage and related surveys and for transferring and disseminating knowledge to members;
- Human resource developmental skills;
- Industrial relations
- Safety and health related activities in the organisation
4.0 Extending Services through Training
The objective to extend effectively the organisation’s other services is to gain the knowledge required for the staff to carry out the requisite functions in the organisation. This pre-requisite is very vital for the staff donning the second responsibility of the employer in the organisation while imparting the training most importantly to members. It is essential to note here the difference between the initial aim of training mentioned earlier and this second responsibility to carry out the targets for acquiring not only training skills but also knowledge while applying techniques and methodologies in the development of the organisation. What happens when the staff members do not nurture the requisite training skills? Though they are capable of extending knowledge transfer, they do not possess the expert knowledge to implement the skills in the development of an organisation because the productivity of an organisation is a direct relationship with the use of knowledge. Especially it is a paramount importance to possess the accurate knowledge and skills in the areas for the exact application of mind to have some negotiations to fulfil certain jobs with the necessity in crossing the hurdles in some complicated situations and to apply some workplace mechanisms towards reaching the workplace affairs and the development of an organisation with a high degree of efficiency.
To improve the business model, the most important objectives for this second responsibility of training are:
- To make the members getting the efficient sustenance to encounter effectively the labour-related issues;
- To infuse the enterprise supervisors the techniques required to shape the skills while undertaking the personnel-management;
- To train the staff to make them as enterprising people.
5.0 Training versus National Programmes and Policies
Influencing of the national level committees on education as well as skills training procedures and schemes is the third role to be discharged by training as mentioned below:
Contributing through representing of committees set up by policy boards charting out some national institutional training programmes;
- Identifying the apt requirements with respect to skills and education of employers, and also supplying a feed-back from employers;
- Creating influence over governmental training authorities on education in order to set some right inappropriate policies and also for designing future education policies;
- For imparting knowledge on the responsibility of business in a civilized society, environmental issues and needs related to business development, etc., programmes are initiated and promoted to educate teachers;
- Establishing joint responsibilities among employers and national institutes of education and training;
- Designing course contents especially contents related to management courses in order to bring-in more management subjects specialising with human relations and basic management covering issues related to the environment, occupational health and safety.
6.0 Business Roles
On the part of an employer’s organization, it is necessary to create awareness on the needs of training in an organization including the employers and also extending the advisory facilities to member organizations in the following manner:
- Training to trainers in the enterprises for conducting training programmes with regard to the organizational expertisation.
- Knowledge upgrading of in-house trainers
- Creating a guiding body for the running training programme courses
It is necessary to support the providing training incentives for employers via taxes or levies. The employer’s organization may bring out some training course materials for managing in-house trainings in the enterprises.
7.0 Training function development
In order to undertake the role of training, these are certain pre-requisites and the following three ways may be utilized for the effective training:
- For conducting training by its personal staff of an employer’s organization
- Institutions may be contracted to perform training programmes
- By integrating both of these methods, as it is not expected to have the sufficient skills on the part of the employer’s organization.
In order to enrich and reinforce the training course with the selected subjects, a resource person with expertisation in such fields may be utilized.
Whenever training is given by the organization members of the employers’ organization, it would give a comparative merit in dealing with the company’s subject matter. Hence, the staff must:
- Have the appropriate knowledge in such subjects
- Be taught as trainers
- Have to be equipped with the updated information and knowledge over the concerned research database
These prerequisites are based on the transference of knowledge and the information over the organization so as to take decisions. However, the training requires rising beyond knowledge and transparency and needs to translate this knowledge into the application based on training attained over skills.
8.0 Survey on Training
Employers are required to first identify basing on the survey of training needs so as to define the training areas and programmes for developing. Such survey needs the representation and services of experts so as to identify staff because of their frequent dealing with the issues of employers. Similarly, in order to demonstrate an organization’s leadership role and innovativeness, the certain trainings should be ‘supply-driven’.
9.0 Priorities with Respect to Training
The priorities table related to the fields may be determined for:
- Providing the training
- Perform solely on a subsidiary capacity in coordination with the external institution
- Providing training information
Some of the areas in which an employers' organization can undertake training are:
- Industrial affairs and labour laws. This must be a significant role as it involves the industrial and labour relation roles distinguishing the differences between the bodies of other employers and the employers' organization.
- Human resource management. Training towards this goal is to strengthen the functions of human resource management and personnel departments. The main objective of the human resource management is to link with the actions of the enterprise manager. Training with respect to the human resource management should be given to all managers. Nevertheless, training with respect to this field needs to integrate with the institutions as it is impossible to get a comparative advantage in the absence of an external aid.
- Negotiation skills. These skills are important for the enterprise manager for the purpose of collective bargaining and interaction carried out frequently with different enterprises and also with their own employees
- Health and Safety. Training should be provided concerning the awareness on health and safety of their employees
- Productivity. Due to sound industrial relations and practices with respect to the human resource management, a limited role is likely to attain through training in order to enhance the individual productivity
- Managerial training. This training is provided to improve the workplace labour affairs and the individual productivity.
10.0 Significance of Training and Development
- Optimizing the use of the Human Resource. Training and Development aid in optimizing the use of the human resource which promote the employee or labourers to attain the organizational objectives and employee’s objectives.
- Improvement of the Human Resource. Training and Development aid to offer a prospect and wide structure for the improvement of the human resources behavioural and technical skills in the company’s structure. It also aids the labourers in achieving his or her individual growth.
- Improvement of the employee’s skills. Training and Development aid in growing the professional knowledge as well as the expertise of individuals at all levels. It also aids to increase the prospects of the employee’s intellectual skills. On the whole, training improves the personality of employees.
- Productivity. Training and development aid in expanding the working efficiency of the employees which assist the company to attain its long term objective.
- Team strength. Training and Development aid in inculcating the logic of the team spirit, inter-team effort and team work. It aids in inculcating the enthusiasm to learn among employees.
- Organization or company culture. Training and Development aid to build up and progress the company health, safety and environmental awareness towards the employees. It aids in forming the learning pattern inside the organization.
- Company climate. Training and development aid in constructing the positive insight about the organization. This positive feeling is gained from organization peers, subordinates and leaders.
- Quality. Training and Development aid in developing the work life and quality of work delivered.
- Healthy work surroundings. Training and Development aid in forming the healthy work surrounding in the organization. It aids to improve the relationship between the employee and employer which tend to meet the organization as well as individual goals and objectives.
- Drive. Training and development aid in developing the morale of the occupation strength.
- Image. Training and development aid in forming a good corporate image.
- Profitability. Training and development result in enhanced profitability as well as provides supplementary positive approaches in compliance towards profit trend.
- Problem solving and decision making Training and development help in the growth of the organization such as creating useful skills like problem solving, decision making into the organization which assist in understanding the organization policies and objectives.
300 words per page instead of 280
Free revisions (on demand)
Free plagiarims report (on demand)
11.0 Roles and responsibilities of human resource development professional in training
- Lively participation in the employee’s education
- Issuing rewards for the performance improvement
- Issuing rewards for self-worth as well as self esteem
- Offering the post-employment maintenance for higher education as well as offering the pre-employment skill improvement education
12.0 Preparing the organization for training and development
The company must equip itself to execute a training and development role for its employees. The following are the requirements for the industry or organization to provide a better training and development:
- Examining the strengths and weaknesses of the company and determining the fields of training required for employees
- Guiding the training staff with the skills required for training
- Enhancing and developing the company research and the knowledge database
- Arrangement of the external training like with an external specialist from the universities, hospitals, research networks, etc.
- Appointing a training coordinator to organize the training programme effectively
- Acquirement of training accessories
13.0 Tracing the field of the training needs
Company does not provide training in the entire fields of management like marketing, management and finance due to two reasons:
- These are technical fields which require the knowledge in the area of specialization which is out of scope of the organization’s needs
- In such field, the training is offered by private schools that offer the degree level courses which are specially designed to get more knowledge on such technical area.
Nevertheless, in few training is offered by organization as well as other private or public universities. The training includes negotiation programmes, HRM, labour affairs, workplace affairs, etc. These are the overlapping training which is done in both organization as well as institutions.
The training and development activity will be planned and implemented as per the above flow chart in an organization:
- Initially identify the individual needs of training. The training program should identified on considering three factors: a) How the training program will be useful for the organization to achieve its own aim and objective b) How the training program will be useful for the personnel to satisfy his own requirement c) Is the training program is really oriented towards his/her job profile
- Identify the objective of the training and develop the scope of the training. For the purpose of evaluation, identify the evaluation tools like questionnaires, interview, feedback form, etc.
- Design the training program which includes fixing training venue, time, agenda, and material required for the training. Also prepare an annual schedule for training program so that all the participants will be covered.
- After designing, implement the training program with all the necessary pre-requisite factors.
- After providing the proper training, assess the personnel by providing him/her questionnaire, feedback form or conduct interview hence the level of understanding will be evaluated.
- If the training is not satisfactory, re-train the personnel and perform the re-assessment.
From the above facts, it is well proven that training is a significant tool for both the employer and the employee’s development. Training needs to be initially identified. The identified needs are to be developed, and subsequently it should be implemented. Finally, evaluation has to be performed to assess the training performance for the individuals.