Free Effective Complaint Procedure Essay Sample
A complaint is a dispute or a difference that arises due to application or difference in interpretation of established policies governing terms of employment between the employer and employee. This can be due to; working conditions or compensation. A complaint procedure is a human Resource tool set out to formalize with complaints matters at work or at the working place. In this essay, we will briefly examine benefits of an effective complaint procedure to an employer and also look at the elements of an effective complaint procedure.
300 words per page instead of 280
Free Revisions (on demand)
Free plagiarims report (on demand)
Benefits of an effective complaint procedure
Employers who set out formal complaints procedure at the workplace does provide a framework whereby employees can raise any dispute at work and try to resolve them. The advantages that accrue from such an arrangement include; that a level of commitment is shown by the employer to resolve internal disputes in an open manner and also that the employer can be trusted with a greater transparency thus enhancing the image of the company (Labor protect 2010).
Elements of an effective complaint procedure
These are the procedures that are set out on how workers' grievances are dealt with and hopefully resolved. Thus they act as a systematic form of communication between workers and their employers and then provide an avenue to resolve any arising matters. The elements for an effective complaint procedure include;
1. Request for hearing. Complainant submits a written request for hearing which should specify reasons for complaining and action sought.
2. Selection of the hearing panel. A hearing panel or officer is presented with the grievances who should be impartial and follow the review.
3. Failure to request a hearing. The complainant should request a hearing in accordance with the procedures or else the disposition of panel shall be final.
4. Hearing prerequisite. Complainant to present the grievances either personally or orally as a condition precedent to hearing. Although the above provisions can only be waived if a good cause is shown as to why the complainant failed to proceed as to the procedure.
Custom essay writing service bestwritingservice.com
100% satisfaction guaranteeOrder now
5. Escrow deposit.
6. Scheduling of hearing. This is done if the complainant agrees to the above preconditions i.e. 1, 4 and 5. A hearing is then set by the hearing panel for at a time and place which should be convenient to both the employer and the complainant. Then the panel shall write a notification informing the employer and complainant of the time, place and the hearing procedures and delivered to them.
The grievances procedure was adopted to give standards and procedures and hence assure employees of a fair hearing in case of any disputes that may arise in the workplace. Then the elements of an effective complainant procedure are followed to ascertain the dispute and hopefully resolve the dispute.