Essay Topics about Advertising
Whenever the student needs to write an essay on some advertising topic, he may find it difficult to choose a good one. A good topic should be neither too broad nor too narrow. Also, it should be interesting to the writer and the potential reader. Moreover, it should discuss the relevant aspects of the contemporary advertising area. If you cannot create a good topic, we offer you a list of the most intriguing and informative.
Useful Guide to Writing an Essay On Advertising
Advertising always has and still does make a significant contribution to modern society. Ads pervade the Internet, television, and are visible on almost every road you travel. This pervasiveness makes them a hot topic and it is why writing an essay on advertising is a popular school and college assignment. Annually, advertising accounts for an estimated annual spend of $450 billion globally and one-third of this alone is attributed to the USA. Consequently, this sector is an important one.
Essay assignments on advertising are quite common in college education wherein the student is expected to critique the role of advertising from a single or a variety of viewpoints. The following article explains how to write a successful, captivating and effective essay on advertising.
You can find the best Marketing essay samples here
Peculiarities of Writing an Essay on Advertising
- Introduction with Thesis Statement
A good essay on advertising should contain a thesis statement near its beginning. This statement is comprised of the idea or point you plan to use as the basis for your essay’s central argument. So, make sure your thesis is concise with enough detail to effectively convey your paper’s key argument.
An essay’s introductory section is crucial. It needs to get the attention of readers immediately and keep them interested enough to continue reading. This part should also outline your central argument with essential details.
Begin your introduction with a catchy hook to get the attention of readers. This should appear in your paper’s first or opening sentence. Then, write a summary of the ad you plan on discussing to enable readers to know the product, brand name, and so on. Place your essay’s thesis statement in the last part of your introductory section.
- Main Body Section
These paragraphs are used to expand your essay’s thesis statement. Use a number of lesser arguments to develop your main argument. The way the main body is structured is particularly important. Begin each body paragraph with a topic statement or sentence and support this with one or more pieces of evidence.
Each body paragraph should start with a topic sentence with the focus of the entire paragraph centered on that topic or some aspect of it. In the absence of other guidance, our experts recommend you write between three and five paragraphs for the main body. Always cite any external source information you use. Refer to the audience being targeted by the ad you are writing about and highlight the main strategies it uses.
- Concluding Section
Sum up all your essay’s key points in the conclusion and reiterate the thesis statement by rephrasing it. This final section carries almost as much weight as the introductory one, so avoid just repeating your central thesis. Present it from a fresh and memorable angle.
Your paper’s summary should be concise while containing essential details. Share your thoughts on the ad with your readers and say how you think it could be better. Discuss it in a social, political and cultural context.
- Revise Your Essay
An essay should never be submitted the moment it is finished. It needs to be revised and any errors corrected. The experts at BestWritingService.com suggest using different grammar checking tools to identify any obvious mistakes. But these programs should not be solely relied upon. Getting your paper(s) proofread by our experts is the best option.
Custom essay writing service bestwritingservice.com
100% satisfaction guaranteeOrder now
Tips on Writing an Advertising Essay
Be careful about choosing an advertisement to write about i.e. pick the one you properly understand. Familiarity with an ad and its context makes analyzing it easier.
It is also a good idea to select products you are familiar with.
- Describe any aspects that caught your particular attention.
- Make sure the argument you develop is interesting.
- Create an outline before starting to write for real.
It is advisable to choose an advertisement with plenty of symbolism, novel images and complex concepts. It is difficult to write fluently about an ad that is simple and/or generic. Seek out advertisements that have been created on unique or novel strategies.
It is likely you will be asked to write an essay on advertisement sometime in your academic career. Think of any ad you choose from various viewpoints and undertake an analysis of the marketing methods behind it. Using the tips in this article should help you write a successful, high-grade essay!
300 words per page instead of 280
Free revisions (on demand)
Free plagiarims report (on demand)
Some Very Interesting Advertisement Essay Topics
- Coke IMC Plan: Advantages and disadvantages.
- Discuss the role of e-commerce in the modern world.
- Address the changes in the American hotel industry. Are they significant?
- Make a critical analysis of applying Sales Management Principles at Gateway Inc.
- Do believe that e-commerce will eliminate the need for physical stores? Support your rationale.
- Electronic sears versus print marketing sears.
- Discuss contemporary electronic marketing problems.
- The Internet & business.
- Make an analysis of Savage advertising campaign.
- Write a letter to a Givenchy advertising manager.
- Contemporary and vintage advertisement: a compare and contrast essay.
- Analyze a new media campaign on Toblerone.
- Critically evaluate the most common discrepancies in the way advertising real estate and newspapers that are beyond the reach of an ordinary person.
- Do you agree with the statement that corporate-funded advertisements should be given higher priority over state-run ads when it comes to the electronic media area?
- Analyze the effects of banning smoking advertising.
- Discuss whether electronic media should more sensible when it comes to advertising products that are meant only for adults.
- How would you characterize the advertisements that appear in newspapers?
- Evolution of advertising and its impact on society in the contemporary world.
- Critically analyze the changes in women’s images in advertising from the 1900s and 1920s.
- Evaluate the danger of subliminal advertising.
- Racial issues in advertising campaigns.
- Discuss the efficiency of anti-drug advertising campaigns on teenagers.
- The exploitation of child labor in advertising.
- Discuss the impact of mass media advertising on consumer behavior.
- Discuss the current trends in integrated marketing communication.
- Prepare a critical analysis of "Girl Who Was Plugged In."
- Analysis of crime in Japan: Employment, Improvements in Education, Penalties and Drugs Monitoring
- Discuss electronic and print marketing policies of Walmart.
- What are the favorite e-marketing techniques of the leading companies? Give examples.
- Discuss the benefits and shortcomings of the coke IMC plan.
- Create a marketing plan for a Ferry Company.
- Make an analysis of Gucci`s advertising campaign.
- Evaluate the impact of e-commerce on small businesses.
- Media advertising and communication strategies in the contemporary market.
- Prepare a detailed advertising analysis of a particular car.
- Payment and security subsystems of e-commerce.
- Make a rhetorical analysis of the vintage ads.
- Discuss how the electronic and print media treat advertising. Provide examples.
- Suggest effective network solutions for Worldwide Advertising, Inc.
- The studies show that there exists a surge in advertising full pages in popular dailies: what is your position?
- Discuss the strategies of targeting youth in the advertising industry.
- Prepare a critical analysis of McDonald’s corporation advertising.
- Prepare a case study on FitnessLive.
- Analyze the use of semiotics in Pepsi`s advertising.
- Distortion of reality/photo manipulation in advertising.
- Discuss the negative influence of targeted advertising on adolescents and children.
- Discuss the issues of nudity and sex in advertising.
- Discuss the effectiveness of humor in advertising. Provide examples.
- Make an investigation into the recall of informative television versus persuasive advertisements.
- Prepare a critical review of the literature on the topic of the negative effects of advertising on children and adolescents.
- Do you believe that there is a need for a mandatory disclaimer before certain advertisements that involve stunts performed by the trained athletes?
- Analyze the specific visual elements in different advertisements. Give examples.
- The impact of mass media on socialization.
- Make an analysis of the Audi advertising campaign.
- Discuss some controversial aspects of the various advertising campaigns that can be debated upon.
- Prepare a case study on Marc Jacobs Inc.
- Discuss the various types of advertising used by different businesses.
- Explain why alcohol advertising is legal whereas tobacco advertising is not. Use examples.
- Advantages and disadvantages of modern advertising techniques.
- Discuss the relationship between the product and celebrity endorser in advertising.
- Make a critical analysis of ruthless exploitation of client`s desires in media technologies advertising.
- Do you believe that the subliminal advertisement really works? Provide examples.
- Make an analysis of Gillette's advertising campaign.
- Analyze the gender roles in contemporary advertising campaigns.
- Do you believe that the advertisements playing with people's insecurities are unethical? Support your answer.
- How do people see themselves in advertisements? A critical analysis of fantasy and ideology in popular advertising.
- Explain whether do you believe that child-directed advertising should be banned.
- Discuss the influence of media advertising on consumer product awareness.
- Analyze the ethical aspect of the exploitation of infants in advertising campaigns.
- The aims and objectives of movie advertising.
- Discuss the concept of masculinity in advertising.
- Write a letter to a Burberry advertising manager.
- What are the stereotypes in contemporary advertising campaigns?
- Discuss the use of various advertising techniques in health education.
- Analyze the history of the use of technology in advertising.
- Prepare a case study on Dakota National Air.
- It is believed that real estate is the most advertised industry in both electronic and print media. Do you agree with this claim?
- Discuss sexism in modern advertisement campaigns.
- The use of logos, pathos, and ethos in advertisements. Provide examples.
- Discuss the gender biases in contemporary advertisement campaigns.
- Advertisement as an art. Give examples of brilliant advertising campaigns and analyze the reason for their success.
How to Order an Essay from BestWritingService?
Go to the order form and submit essay requirements
Proceed with the payment
Check your e-mail for the order confirmation and save it for future reference
Login to your account to communicate with the writer/support
Download your essay from the link in the e-mail we send
We do hope that our advertisement essay topics will satisfy your needs! So whenever you find it challenging to make up a good topic, just look through our list of essay topics about advertising and choose the one that seems the most interesting to you. Of course, a good topic is not enough for writing a brilliant essay. Apart from the topic, you need to take care of the paper organization, formatting, and other important aspects. We assure you that only by impressing your professor with a professional and creative approach you will be able to get the desired grade!