Learn how to produce a good newspaper article example
The process of writing a newspaper article is different from the process of writing an academic paper. Whenever you need to write a good-looking newspaper article for your school newspaper or you are planning to develop a career in journalism, you should be aware of the characteristic differences between these writing pieces. In our guide, you will find a lot of efficient practices and tips that will help you come up with a perfect newspaper article example. Although the process of writing a newspaper article may seem pretty daunting at first glance, we assure you that you can enjoy the writing process if you know how to do everything right. In our tutorial, we have collected a lot of great tips, secrets, and suggestions that will help you understand the fundamentals of newspaper article writing and boost your writing inspiration.
When you need to write a news story, you will need to focus on four aspects mentioned below:
- News. To make your writing piece interesting to your audience, you will need to include the most relevant and accurate data. In our age of information, it is pretty challenging to engage the reader, though it is possible to do it by providing clear answers to the questions what, who, when, why, etc.;
- Impact. When informing your target audience about some situation, you should clearly explain how it may affect them or other people. In other words, you should inform your intended audience about why it is so important to read this news story;
- Context. To understand your news story properly, your reader should have appropriate background information pertaining to this story. This will provide them with a clear picture allowing them to make the right conclusions;
- Emotion. To help your reader remember your news story, you will need to appeal to their emotions.
Successful journalists know that including all the parts of a newspaper article mentioned above is very important as it helps tell an engaging story making the target audience follow the flow of ideas from the very first until the last lines.
How to choose an interesting topic for a newspaper article?
There are many subjects you can describe in your newspaper. However, if you want to impress your reader with a truly creative approach to work, you need to pick up a subject that is truly engaging and thought-provoking. Below, you will find some ideas that will help you grab the attention of your audience:
- Ask questions. Before you start working on your newspaper article example, you should ask your friends or colleagues about the topics that are interesting for them. This approach will help you figure out what topics bother the target audience. Then, you will need to pick up the one that fits your research interests and develop it in your article;
- Keep track of major events. To discuss interesting and relevant subjects in your newspaper article, you will need to keep track of events happening around you. If you are supposed to write a news story related to a particular field, you will need to read the information related to recent advancements in this field. Ideally, you need to be the first person, who will address this issue. In such a way, the chances are high that your target audience will read your article and enjoy it;
- Assemble valuable contacts. A journalist is a person, who knows many people from different fields. These individuals should inform you about news and events that may be worth your attention;
- Use your senses. When writing a news story, you need to collect as much information as it is possible about a subject. By doing this, you will be able to choose what perspectives of the topic should be presented to your reader. In particular, you will need to interview experts, watch videos, read credible sources, and do many other things that will establish your credibility as a researcher.
Writing a winning news article: A step-by-step guide
When you need to write a newspaper article, you should consider a lot of important rules. We know what difficulties you may face when working on this project, thus we have created a guide that will help you do everything properly:
- Research your topic. When writing a news story, it is particularly important to research your topic well. Without research, you will turn your article into a personal reaction to the event, which will lack credibility. When collecting information about your topic, you will need to use the rule of “5W.” This means that you have to tell about who was involved in the event, what was happening, where it was happening, why it was happening, and when it was happening. If you manage to find answers to these questions, you will make your article detailed and interesting;
- Compile facts. After you have carried out your research, you will need to write a list of facts that will be presented in your paper. If you want to make your news story interesting and engaging, you will need to focus on the most valuable facts.
- Write an outline. Any paper, either a newspaper article or an academic research paper, should be written following a clear plan that is called an outline. An outline usually includes the main points that will be included in the paper in a logical order. A well-done outline will help you avoid spontaneous writing, which will significantly increase your chances to get a good outcome;
- Find a unique perspective. If you are writing your news article about a relevant issue, the chances are very high that other journalists will address this issue in their articles. To make your manuscript better than the ones presented by other journalists, you will need to choose a unique angle and focus on it. Also, if you have personal experience related to the subject of your story, you should not hesitate to mention it as it will add value to your work;
- Interview people involved. To make your arguments maximally clear and accurate, you will need to get information from primary sources. This means that you need to conduct an interview asking questions that will help you draw the clearest picture.
Additional tips for writing a newspaper article
- Make your headline catchy. When it comes to writing newspaper articles, headlines are very important. It is the first thing that is noticed by the reader. Thus, you will need to use the most appropriate wording to reach the maximally successful effect. Remember that your heading helps your audience understand if they are interested in reading your manuscript or not;
- Put the most important information at the top of your article. All journalists use the technique that is called the “Inverted pyramid.” According to this technique, you will need to put the most important information at the top of your article so that the key point could be easily recognized by your readers;
- Use quotes. As it was already mentioned, you will need to interview people, who have enough to say on your topic. When writing your article, you will need to use quotes and put them following the highest standards of academic writing. Pay attention that you should not delete or paraphrase their words. Otherwise, your quotes will lack credibility;
- Be succinct. If you want to make your article successful, your reader should understand your points from the very first lines. Do not include too long sentences as they may puzzle or confuse your reader;
- Add appropriate pictures to your article. A good picture may help you reach your goals better than hundreds of words. Thus, if you have time, try to find the photos or images that will help you convey your messages better;
- Answer the questions. A skilled journalist always knows what questions may bother his or her reader. Indeed, you should understand that the audience will read your article just because they want to get answers to their questions;
- Make your article thought-provoking. Of course, writing an informative article that would provide your readers with answers to their questions is a great skill. However, if you manage to make your article though-provoking, you will help them remember it even after putting it away;
- Proofread your article before its submission. Multiple typos and grammatical mistakes will show your carelessness. Thus, if you want to help your audience enjoy reading your paper, you need to make sure it is free from any flaws and inconsistencies.
If you take our suggestions and tips into consideration, you will be able to understand how to write newspaper articles. However, if you are afraid that you will not be able to create a good news story, you should delegate this task to our writing company and we will provide you with an impressive masterpiece.
Newspaper article writing sample for free
How to order article writing from BestWritingService?
Go to the order form and submit article writing requirements
Proceed with the payment
Check your e-mail for the order confirmation and save it for future reference
Login to your account to communicate with the writer/support
Download your article writing from the link in the e-mail we send
Hire a seasoned newspaper article writer and get a superb result!
Writing a high-quality article is not an easy task to do. If you are afraid that you will not be able to cope with this task successfully, you should consider ordering professional writing assistance online. If you are interested in dealing with a legitimate writing service, you should know that there is no better place to buy a news story than BestWritingService.com. Having a great writing team, as well as a system of customer-centered policies, we have been providing our customers with outstanding writing assistance for many years. Each customer, who purchases a paper on our website receives a well-written, properly structured, and plagiarism-free paper written following the conventions of newspaper writing.
When you become our customer, you do not need to worry about missed deadlines or poor quality because we used to provide our customers with the best assistance and support. As for the pricing, we keep our rates maximally affordable and competitive because we know that almost all of our customers are students having no stable financial income. What is more, we have a system of bonuses and discounts, which helps our customers economize their savings. If you have any questions about this system or any other aspects of our work, you should contact our support managers who are working online for your convenience.
So, if you are interested in purchasing a high-quality newspaper article example at reliable writing service, you should just get in touch with us and we will do our best to turn our cooperation into a maximally smooth and comfortable experience for you.