The Green Mile: Interesting Facts about the Movie
The Green Mile is a professional and unforgettable adaptation of the book by Stephen King. Even though the film was released almost 19 years ago, it remains one of the best movies, which had a great influence on the cinema in general. However, the movie itself is only a top of the iceberg. The story of film creation has its own peculiarities, which make the film even more interesting for watching.
The Green Mile Facts: High Quality Drama for Genuine Appraisers
There are some interesting The Green Mile facts, which distinguish the drama and can get the audience interested in watching:
- To accompany perfect performance of the actors in the movie The Green Mile, the director gives it a feeling of authenticity with the uniforms of the prison guards. It contradicts the history as the uniforms were not worn at that period, but helps the viewers get involved in the story.
- Michael Clarke Duncan makes the scenes more emotional by recollecting his own tragedy: his father left him when he was little.
- All actors in The Green Mile movie were invited by Tom Hanks to a Friday meal.
- To look like her character, Bonnie Hunt had to put on fifteen pounds. She joked that nothing had been so easy.
- John Coffey took his name from Rev. John Coffee, a college professor. Having met him once, Stephen King liked how the name sounded and borrowed it from his book. One of The Green Mile facts is that actual Rev. Coffee was a history teacher in Massachusetts, Boston Emerson College.
- A huge prison brick wall is, actually, easy to move as it is made of fiberglass.
- Frank Darabont defined the sound as the voice of the unleashed beast.
- One more of The Green Mile facts is that Melinda looks weird because of her makeup with no eyebrows.
Check Out Free Green Mile PDF Sample