Get professional help with writing a scholarly paper!
Scholarly writing that is also known as academic writing is a process that helps students obtain and strengthen their writing, researching, and analytical skills. It is widely used in many academic fields to evaluate students’ writing proficiency, as well as their knowledge of the subjects. This type of writing requires having advanced writing skills, a high level of creativity, diligence, attention to detail, as well as knowledge of the existing academic writing standards. If you are having any difficulties with writing a scholarly paper, then our tutorial will be particularly helpful for you. Having many years of hands-on experience in academic writing, we are ready to provide you with many efficient tips and suggestions that will help you improve your academic results by submitting truly flawless papers. We do hope that our guide will become your valuable source of information turning you into a successful student.
What is a scholarly paper?
Although this type of writing is defined in many ways and each professor has their interpretation of this term, you should know that it is a document that showcases the student’s thorough work with the prompt provided. An academic paper can be written for many purposes: to inform, to persuade, to analyze, etc. The main goal of this assignment is to convince the reader that you have profound knowledge of the subject and can share your thoughts on the topic supporting your words with solid evidence. When writing a scholarly paper, you need to do your best to demonstrate your analytical and critical thinking skills.
Common guidelines on writing an academic paper
Although each assignment requires following a certain set of rules and guidelines, there are some traditional requirements that should be followed in every paper. By following these rules, you will be able to submit a well-written and properly structured document regardless of its type and length.
- Your paper should have a clear purpose. If you want to figure out what exactly should be written in your paper, you should read the prompt thoroughly. By doing this, you will understand what will be the focus of your paper;
- Your paper should be original. Now, plagiarism is considered a serious crime in the world of academic writing, which is strictly punished. If you turn in a paper that was written by some other person, you will receive a zero. Thus, you need to do your best to write your paper from scratch;
- Your paper should have a clear focus. This means that it should have a clear thesis statement and all of your topic sentences beginning the paragraphs of the main body should be related to the central idea of your document;
- You need to explain your ideas in a clear and logical way. To support your words, you may need to use solid and credible evidence taken from up-to-date and accurate sources. When integrating any additional materials into your paper, you will need to cite them properly in accordance with the scholarly paper format requested by your tutor. Most probably, you will be asked to use APA, MLA, Chicago, or Harvard citation styles;
- When your paper is written, do not forget to review it. Although many students underestimate the importance of thorough revision, we want you to know that it is particularly important as it allows fixing all the flaws and inaccuracies jeopardizing the paper’s quality.
By following our suggestions, you will be able to turn the quality of your paper from a good to an exceptional one. Do not hesitate to practice your writing skills in every written assignment and you will be able to achieve academic excellence.
Main steps of the writing process
Writing a scholarly paper will bring you emotional pleasure if you follow our step-by-step guide mentioned below. Millions of students use the scheme outlined by our seasoned writers as it allows creating good-looking papers without applying extra effort.
- Choose an appropriate topic for your paper. Very often, professors provide their students with lists of topics to choose from. If you have such a list, you will need to carry our preliminary research and understand what subject meets your interests. When working with a good topic, you will be able to make your essay interesting to your intended audience;
- Once the topic is chosen, you will need to research it carefully. To do it effectively, you will need to log in to a reliable online database or visit a library and pick up the most authoritative, up-to-date, and credible sources;
- After your research is done, you will need to brainstorm your ideas ad formulate a thesis statement that will become the central idea of your paper;
- When you have a thesis statement, you will need to create an outline that will include all points that will be discussed in the paper. An outline is a basis of your paper that will help you avoid using meaningless details;
- Following your outline point-by-point, you may start writing your paper. When working on your document, make sure to follow a traditional structure that includes an opening part, the main body, and a conclusion;
- When your paper is ready, you will need to review it carefully to make sure it is flawless.
Pay attention that the steps mentioned above are basic. If you want to submit a truly great piece, you will need to add creativity and follow the common conventions of academic writing. However, we assure you that if you manage to do everything right, you will be able to succeed in writing a scholarly paper.
Common scholarly paper structure
You probably know the main parts of the essay, but let us provide you with more details.
- Thesis statement
A thesis statement is the central idea of your essay that is usually put at the end of the introductory paragraph. It presents your position regarding the topic of your paper and helps your target audience understand what your topic is about. A good thesis statement is usually specific, debatable, and clear.
An introduction is the opening part of your essay in which you need to present your topic and contextualize it. Although it should not contain too many details on your topic, it should provide your intended audience with enough background details that will help them find out if your paper is worth their attention. Professional writers also include specific attention-grabbers in their introductions that are called hooks. It can be an anecdote, a fact, or a quote related to the topic of your paper.
- Main body
In the main body of your paper, you will need to provide more details on your topic. To make your arguments and ideas easy to follow, you will need to divide your main body into several paragraphs. Each of these paragraphs should include a topic sentence, the main argument, and supporting evidence. Finally, it should include a concluding sentence summarizing the content of the whole paragraph. In the main body of your paper, it is appropriate to put citations supporting your arguments. However, you should not make your paragraphs too long as it will confuse your reader.
In the concluding part of your essay, you are supposed to summarize your paper without introducing new information. Make sure to restate your thesis statement and explain the theoretical and practical value of your work. Make sure not to introduce new information in your conclusion as its primary goal is just to wrap up your paper.
Scholarly paper writing sample for free
More tips to follow while writing a term paper
- Create a rough draft of your paper
Once you are done with researching and other preparations, you will need to start working on the rough draft of your paper. Although your paper will consist of an introduction, the main body, and a conclusion, you may start working on your introduction when the rest of your paper is written. Such a strategy will enable you to avoid multiple revisions. To organize the writing process properly, you will need to plan it carefully. Although many students prefer not to write outlines, we highly recommend you using this time-management instrument as it will significantly optimize the writing process.
- Revise your paper
Even if you think that your first draft is perfect, you can always make an attempt to review it. When revising your paper, make sure to check if it is free from plagiarism, if it is free from inaccurate statements, as well as if it is free from grammatical flaws. We highly recommend you have some rest before revising as it will enable you to focus on your mistakes easier.
- Edit your paper
After the thorough revising of the content of your document, you will need to pay attention to the typos, grammatical flaws, as well as punctuation mistakes compromising its quality. You should understand that although the mechanics of your paper is not as important as its content, you should not underestimate it because your professor will not put a good grade for your paper if it is riddled with mistakes.
How to order a term paper?
Go to the order form and
submit term paper
Check your e-mail for the
order confirmation and save
it for future reference
Download your term paper
from the link in the e-mail we
Proceed with the
Login to your account to
communicate with the
Go to the order form and submit term paper requirements
Proceed with the payment
Check your e-mail for the order confirmation and save it for future reference
Login to your account to communicate with the writer/support
Download your term paper from the link in the e-mail we send
All in all, we want you to know that every new assignment will help you boost your writing skills and improve your analytical proficiency. To succeed in your college or university, you will need to turn in papers corresponding with the latest academic writing standards. However, if you are lacking the time, writing skills, or creativity to work on your academic projects, you should not hesitate to order professional writing assistance at our legitimate writing service. This decision will help you get academic success without extra effort because our passionate and responsible academic writers know all the peculiarities of different academic tasks. By entrusting your assignment to us, you can relax knowing that we will provide you with an impeccable piece tailored to your requirements. Taking care of the reputation of our customers, we never copy-paste our papers from the ready-made scholarly paper examples available on the web.
Each paper ordered on our website meets the highest quality writing criteria and is written following the guidelines of the customer, who has ordered it. As for our prices, we can say that you will not find a company offering a better price and quality ratio than the one we have at our service. In case of having any questions about the aspects of our cooperation, you need to get in touch with our competent support managers and they will immediately address all of your concerns.
So, if you are a responsible and goal-oriented student, who wants to maintain a successful academic reputation by submitting brilliant academic papers, stop wasting your time and let our writing service become your writing companion. We guarantee that you will never regret your choice!